Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kinder Graduation

Hi everyone!!

I wanted to use the Amy Tangerine Sketchbook Collection for a while and I decide to use it to create a cover page with a photo of my daughter Kindergarten Celebration. She was wearing a very bright pink dress that matches with the colors in the collection.

I cut the borders of the flower in the background paper to put it over the matted photo. I don't have a Silhouette Machine, so I printed out a "K" over a scrap piece of the Studio Calico Locals 12 x 12 paper and then I cut it with a craft knife. In a white piece of paper I create a Ombre effect using my watercolor palette and then, I put the paper with the "K" on top of it. I used the watercolors to paint the doily too (is a cheaper way to add color to doilies, wood veneers and other embellishments). 

.



Close-ups the the details:


Finally, I just added a little bits and pieces of embellishments to the page. I find that my style is a little bit simple, I don't like to pile all the entire collection in just one page. I rather let the photo be the star although, I does not mean that some times you will see me trying other styles of design.

Well I would like to hear which is your favorite technique?
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment